We are the Stow Family and this is our story. Our lives are blessed by Love, Joy and Hope. Follow our sometimes interesting stories on loving our two boys, exploring parenthood, and celebrating a little extra - two parents, two boys and an extra chromosome!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pictures speak a 1000 words...


Go here to see Mencap's Snap Photography Competition - they have chosen 14 of the best photography entries that have something to do with celebrating a person with special needs.

Those who know me know that I LOVE photos - I think pictures are far more powerful than words at times... My favourite of the 14 pictures is above - a STUNNING picture taken by a Chinese man called Kwok.

Go and enjoy!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Wow, those pics are amazing. I'll have to show my hubby, he is the photographer nut!

Lorraine said...

MY FAVOURITE IS...

Heather Saunders: Overcoming hurdles
Saunders says: "This is my daughter Alice, then eight, taken last summer at her (mainstream) school's sports day - Alice has Down's syndrome. When practising, Alice couldn't jump over the hurdles and had been told she could run round them. When reminded of this just before the race started, Alice said: 'No, I'm going to jump them!'"
Heather Saunders/Mencap

A LITERAL DEPICTION OF AN ATTITUDE THAT WOULD ENHANCE EVERYONE'S LIFE!
THE WORLD CAN BENEFIT SO MUCH FROM THESE WISE AND INNOCENT TEACHERS.