We are the Stow Family and this is our story. Our lives are blessed by Love, Joy and Hope. Follow our sometimes interesting stories on loving our two boys, exploring parenthood, and celebrating a little extra - two parents, two boys and an extra chromosome!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sometimes, when I feel like crying...

... I just remember what my mom always says -: take the most peaceful route.

No matter what our plans - and I'm not saying we mustn't plan - but sometimes no matter how hard we dream and we try and we plan, things just don't work out as we want them to. I know this, I'm an adult... but it still hurts a little.

So, last night, while talking to my mom about my failed attempts and way-laid plans, she told me to imagine a river flowing...

"The water flows around the rocks and pebbles. No fight. No trying to move the rock. Just flowing, peacefully, around the rocks and pebbles," says mom.

So - I'm going to try to be the river, flowing peacefully around those *friggen* rocks and pebbles. I'm going to try to remember and really believe that I don't always know best, and that everything is perfect as it is. I am going to try to let go of my ideas of what's best and accept what is infront of me and celebrate in spite of myself.

If this is all a bit Top Secret and makes no sense, it's because these days you just don't know who'll be popping in to read your blog... so I can't share the details.

I'll just go and print the bolded-italic words up there and stick them to every surface in my house to remind myself incase I forget and want to cry...

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Ag my friend, so sorry you had a bad day, like i said on the phone to you just now, I also feel like this sometimes, but you know what the rivers gonna keep on following and those pebbles are not going anywhere, but still the water flows past them all day and all night!
You have a great outlook, keep your chin up and this too will pass! And there will be something bigger, better and brighter waiting for you! Thats a promise! God bless!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for your mom. ♥

I hope today is a brighter day for you. *hugs*

Jennifer said...

I'm also hoping you have a better day soon. I'm loving the river analogy. That pretty much sums up life, doesn't it?

Leigh, Kim and little Natalia Pomario said...

Well, I always thought we had the BEST MOM in the world... always the wisest! Ah Loren Loren Loren... go with the flow of the river and take the most sensible route, the one you dont want to take but you know will result in being less stressful. Love your Big Sis

Lorraine said...

If we keep our heads down, focusing all our energy and attention on trying to either move the rocks or climb over them, we become blind to the perfect world taking place around us and end up missing opportunities. Never mind feeling totally exhausted!

The path of least resistance is to trust the flow, eyes wide open to CHOOSE the path AROUND the rocks, and to be alert to recognize opportunities.

Then in retrospect... we realize that the rock was there for a perfectly good reason!

I love you Babes,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Im feeling that same thing today so if you dont mind i would like to use your moms advice. But when these days come you are right just accept and move on. Everything happens for a reason and what is meant to be will be.

Anonymous said...

Im feeling that same thing today so if you dont mind i would like to use your moms advice. But when these days come you are right just accept and move on. Everything happens for a reason and what is meant to be will be.

Cathy said...

((((hugs))))

Elriza Paul said...

K, I'll get the dish tomorrow, and will print out the words as well so that you can see them all day long!!!! Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Babe...just wanna say your boys are gorgeous & we can't wait to see them, hopefully soon, along with all the other little munchkins up there:-)Your talent for writing & your positivity truelly is always inspiring!!Keep ur chin up & remember the sun will always shine again tomorrow xxx Luv Nicky, Morne & Arin xxx

tanolas said...

super fixe

Unknown said...

Your mom is so right,we should always count our blessings and forget about problems ,and let it flow.Meditation will fine tune you with a better universe.