We are the Stow Family and this is our story. Our lives are blessed by Love, Joy and Hope. Follow our sometimes interesting stories on loving our two boys, exploring parenthood, and celebrating a little extra - two parents, two boys and an extra chromosome!

Monday, January 26, 2009

The simple life...

Dearest Malakai,

This last weekend was the first in many months that I didn't have a photo shoot to go to... Although I want business to pick up, I was also basking in the fact that I didn't have to go somewhere or do anything that I didn't absolutely want to do! (Not that I don't enjoy taking photos, but... it is work...).

So! We went to watch horse show jumping (wow those creatures are HUGE!) and then *my absolute best*... then we spent the afternoon at the Irene Country Lodge. We spread our blanket on the grass under an ancient Oak Tree with a view of the lake and the corn fields and the birds and the grass and the beautiful sky... We just lay there and relaxed... you slept next to me on and off and I was just in heaven! Good friends, beautiful day, stunning outdoors - what more could I have asked for??? Sunday was also just about lounging around the house, watching corny movies on the Hallmark Channel (yes... I admit to watching very soppy, very 'happy-ending motivated' films when I get the chance), staying in my PJ's ALL DAY LONG!

The simple things - not having to rush out the door (which I expect Monday to Friday, but mostly have to do on Saturdays and Sundays as well.), enjoying a WHOLE DAY with you...

The simple things - those are the things that stuck with me from this weekend. Nothing exciting, nothing dramatic... just simple and abundant days filled with you!

You are all my Reasons for Being,
Love,
Mom

4 comments:

Life As I Know It... said...

Just the way I like to spend my weekend too!

Cathy said...

Sounds wonderful! Unfortunately it was 4 degrees F here all weekend. No outside activities.

I love your beautiful letters to your son. He is going to be so blessed to get to read them someday. All children should know they are as loved as Malakai is :)

Cheri said...

So sweet! I LOVE PJ's all day long...we do it lots, or try to at least! :)

Melissa said...

What a great weekend;)
I just had a chance to finally check out your blog, how BEAUTIFUL!!! Malakai is just so precious & you are blessed!!

I admire the love you have for your son for I do have the same for my special little guy! Thank you for your encouraging comments on my blog, it meant so much to me!

Hope that you get to have another relaxing weekend soon!