We are the Stow Family and this is our story. Our lives are blessed by Love, Joy and Hope. Follow our sometimes interesting stories on loving our two boys, exploring parenthood, and celebrating a little extra - two parents, two boys and an extra chromosome!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Clap Hands for those Teeth!

Well, Malakai has not been the best sleeper for a while now - and after 8 months of a full night's rest, every single night, I must say I don't know what to do with myself! Getting up once, twice or sometimes 4 or 5 times a night is a real killer (of already pregnant brain cells)!

At first I thought it was teeth, but no. It was a cold, flu, runny noses, coughs, some more runny noses and the list went on and on, week after tiresome week!

So after three trips to the GP, antibiotics, nebulizers and the works I was still dumbstruck as to why Malakai wasn't eating or sleeping... Back to my original idea? Maybe? Teeth?

And yes - his top eye teeth are coming through! At last, another reason for sleepless nights! We now know why he hasn't been sleeping this last week - and that does help! It really does! It makes all the tiredness seem ok, because at least we know why!

So, yesterday, after many months of trying to teach Mr. Malakai how to clap hands he just did it! Yay! It's the cutest clap as well (believe it or not) because he keeps his right hand still and claps with his left, like those posh people you see at operas or fashion shows - except cuter than them of course!

I just say, "Malakai, clap your hands for mommy" and he does it! Which is also great news because it means he understands me and can follow instruction. Not that I think he'll follow all instructions because 'no' is still a bit of joke to him - resulting in a smile and the determination to do whatever I'm saying no to!

Anyway - I close with some pictures taken while we were on holiday recently - ful of Mr. Cuteness!








8 comments:

the pink tink said...

aww gorgeous! love the last hairstyle!

Anonymous said...

Oh Malakai is SO gorgeous and it makes me weepy (and I'm not even combatting pregnancy hormones! LOL). I miss that time when Gabe was Malakai's age SO much!

I hope Malakai gets comfort and relief soon from all the teething! And I hope you can reclaim your sleep, too!

Christine said...

You have a beautiful little boy!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous little boy. I remember the days of "cutting teeth" not fun.

Deqlan said...

aaawww what gorgeous photos, man you cute Kai! I was very priviliged to see you on the weekend and to see you clapping your hands, how exciting and how happy you are when you do it! See you soon beautiful boy! Hope your teeth come through soon so you can all get some rest!!

Lorraine said...

The Durban Grannies held a meeting this morning to discuss a most important development - our darling Malakai's clapping!

The outcome of our meeting was that it is essential that we see this on video... PLEASE!!!

Beth said...

Hope those teeth hurry up and fully arrive so you both can get your beauty rest (not that either of you need more beauty--you've got that covered quite well!).

Don't know if you have Hyland's Teething Tablets in SA. It is a homeopathic remedy that really helps take the edge off teething pain. They worked perfectly for all of my children, and I didn't feel like I was "medicating" them.

Michael's Loving Family said...

Love all the pictures! Teething is tough on everyone! good thing is temporary! Good luck