We are the Stow Family and this is our story. Our lives are blessed by Love, Joy and Hope. Follow our sometimes interesting stories on loving our two boys, exploring parenthood, and celebrating a little extra - two parents, two boys and an extra chromosome!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mommy's New Accessory? Poo Pants!

Dearest Malakai,

I am sure I am not the first mommy... and I won't be the last... to wear Poo Pants! In fact, this is the second time I've worn Poo as an 'Accessory', but this time it was particularly comical!
Let me set the scene...
In all my 'mommy knowledge' I have figured out if I massage your legs on the nappy changing mat, you tend to have a big poo! "Well done!" I hear you say... Yes... but sometimes you have more than one poo and if I am too eager to remove your nappy, well then I am in for some excitement!
I was changing one such nappy the other day and all of a sudden, 'poof!' (or should I say 'poo'!) you had a projectile poo that landed right on mommy's white pants! Not just any (white) pants, but one of the only pairs that mommy fits into at this point (only 3 weeks since you were born, mommy doesn't quite have her figure back yet...)! So! I have to think fast! I quickly finish your nappy change, put you in your pram (awake, hungry and grumpy), and whip my pants off! We go to the bathroom together and I run hot water into a bucket to soak the pants, while you are crying and I am wondering how slowly water can run... really??? Then my cell phone rings... I am expecting an important call... I run through the house to get my phone in my underwear, past my domestic worker who looks at me as though I have lost my mind!
Oh well! It all has a happy ending because you got fed (and loved it), my pants came completely clean and I learned to give you just another minute or two to have another poo!

On another note, my boy, we weighed you last night at Megan's house and you are now a whole 3.6kgs! Well done! You are almost 1kg heavier than your birth-weight - growing bigger and stronger every day!

I love you madly my boy!

You are all my Reasons for Being,
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Babes...

You have had the pleasure of one of the unexpected lessons motherhood presents us with:
'POO' HAPPENS!
Here's to memorable 'Poo' moments.

Your experience has taken me down memory lane to a few creative 'Poo' moments I was presented with once upon a time.

Love You
Mom