We are the Stow Family and this is our story. Our lives are blessed by Love, Joy and Hope. Follow our sometimes interesting stories on loving our two boys, exploring parenthood, and celebrating a little extra - two parents, two boys and an extra chromosome!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

HMPF!

Ok, so we had an evaluation at our new PT (another one...) yesterday and when asked where he is developmentally, we casually confirmed that Malakai is rolling all over the place... like, no big deal or anything...
And what do you think he does for the entire one hour session???? He lies on his back, like a starfish... like a very lame starfish...
HMPF! (as in the sound an frustrated hippo would make...)
The more I tried to tell the lady that he usually spends all his time on his tummy and rolls here and there and everywhere, the more she just looked at me with those 'some parents are just soooo out of touch with reality' eyes.
HMPF!

10 comments:

Bethany said...

As hard as it might be to swallow, sometimes we want our kids to underachieve during evals so they get more services. It's a good thing! LOL

Cathy said...

I feel your pain...

Lily doesn't usually want to "perform" when the therapists are around. I've often thought...hmmmm..."she doesn't believe me" when I tell the therapist what she does.

The important thing to remember is that WE know what our little ones can do!!! Oh yeah, and by the way...I believe you :)

The Hapa Girl said...

LOL...that's funny! Lillian always gets up on her hands and knees and evening tried to pull herself up. BUT when her PT comes around, she does none of it!

But maybe Malakai did it so he can get more out of his PT??? I sometimes think Lillian does that too!

Anonymous said...

Wise Malakai,
You know how to get the most out of a situation - when to lead and when to follow by being open (like a starfish) to learning.
Very clever!
Love You
Granny

CJ Field said...

I swear some kids do that just to show us who runs the show! What a little stinker!! But a cute little stinker!

Anonymous said...

Loren, you make me laugh! I LOVE your post tonight. This is often the case with kids...that's why you've gotta love them!!! I've had that look from Doc's more times than I can count now.

Love Sam Mac Donald (cousin to Mark and Samm)

Stephanie said...

Wait until he starts ST. Then he will do the physical work for his ST and talk to his PT.

Unknown said...

lol......that is how they all are [even the ones with only 46 chromosomes] as they never seem to perform when you want the too.

Malakai will show his stuff....

Mary said...

LOL! It happens to us all!

Jennifer said...

Aidan always does the same thing. It doesn't bother me until it makes people underestimate what he is capapble of. I've noticed more of that happening since Aidan started preschool.