We are the Stow Family and this is our story. Our lives are blessed by Love, Joy and Hope. Follow our sometimes interesting stories on loving our two boys, exploring parenthood, and celebrating a little extra - two parents, two boys and an extra chromosome!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

WTG My Boy!

Dearest Malakai,

Way to go my boy!!! I am so proud of you - I wish you could hear me as I literally sing those words at the top of my voice!!

"Why mommy? Why?" I hear you ask, just as excited as me, your eyes all sparkly...

Last night you showed me that as little as you are, you are soooo clever! I decided to see if you would move towards something that you like and you didn't waste a minute in showing me just how clever you are! I put your favourite singing toy (a little tortoise that lights up and plays music) off to your left and you rolled over to get closer to it! Then I moved it to the right of you and you rolled over to get closer to it again! Yay!!

"OK, so why is that so exciting mom?"

Well, it's exciting because it means that you're understanding your sensory experiences and making decisions based on that. So, you are able to see and hear your tortoise, decide that you like it enough to want to get closer and then work on a plan (roll left or roll right) to get yourself there. That means that you're super clever my angel! I can't wait to tell Meena (your new OT) tomorrow!!

You are really so fantastic and this new rolling to fetch your tortoise has just made me so proud of you - well done my little boy! Your dad and I love you soooo much!

You are all my Reasons for Being,
Love,
Mom

3 comments:

Life As I Know It... said...

Congrats, Malakai!! You are so strong and very clever.. I can just read in your mommy's letter that she is so very proud of you!!

Keep going strong and keep learning new things!! You are going to show the world what a clever little soul you are!

Love
Claire, Stephan, Hannah & Ethan

Unknown said...

Way to go Malakai! Woo Hoo!!!!

Elriza Paul said...

Yay!!!!